In a situation that is changing by the hour, below find recent information regarding the Coronavirus in Geneva and throughout Switzerland.
Switzerland is one of the ten countries most affected by the coronavirus worldwide, with more than 600 known cases and four confirmed deaths. While the coronavirus figures for Geneva remain relatively low – 78 confirmed cases and no deaths as of March 11, 2020.
- A fourth Swiss death due to the virus was announced on Wednesday, when a 54-year-old man from the Basel region died in hospital.
- The focus in Switzerland has now shifted to protecting the old and the unwell.
- The government has ruled out closing the border to cross-border workers from Italy, where there are over 10,000 cases and the entire country has been quarantined.
- Spot checks of people at the border to Italy have been boosted and some secondary crossings have been shut.
- the health authorities are gradually changing the reporting system and no longer trace every Covid-19 case.
From Le News:
The health authorities in Switzerland have decided to limit coronavirus tests to those over 65 or those with existing health problems that pose a higher risk of a deadly outcome. The list of existing health problems includes hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, chronic respiratory disease, a weakened immune system or cancer.
This flyer has been distributed to encourage everyone to protect themselves and others:
We are a group of international women living in Geneva, Switzerland. If you would like to join the AIWC, please visit our website at http://www.aiwcgeneva.org/
Lucie Dean said:
Thank you for this!!! VERY helpful!!!