activity for children 4-7, Activity for kids, four to seven year olds, hopital des nounours, visiting the hospital with kids
This is an activity that you can’t miss if you have a child 4-7 years old. The Geneva Hospital and the medical students are hosting the Teddy Bear Hospital where children can have fun, learn and be comfortable in a medical environment by bringing in their favorite stuffed animal or toy to be treated at the “hospital.”
My daughter will be volunteering for the second time and she explained to me the steps:
- The doctor and child fill out a medical form of the patient: name, age, type (tiger vs. spider man) and medical condition (he fell out the window!).
- Along with the doctor, various tests with be run like checking the heart beat, temperature, taking an x-ray and sometimes there is a pretend MRI machine.
- Depending on what’s wrong, the doctor and child will put on a cast, wrap up wounds or go to “surgery” where the children dress up in scrubs and a hairnet.
- Lastly, the toy is placed in bed where he is hooked up to an IV or ECG to sleep for a while. In the meantime, the kids can go to the rehab corner where they can play with equipment like crutches.
The dates of the Hopital des Nounours are
- Saturday, May 6, 9:00-17:00
- Sunday, May 7, 9:00-17:00
- Wednesday, May 10, 14:00-17:00
at the Palladium, Rue de Stand 3BIS. Participation is free and no reservations are needed.
I would love to hear your experience if you go!
We are a group of international women living in Geneva, Switzerland. If you would like to join the AIWC, please visit our website at http://www.aiwcgeneva.org/
Lucie Dean said:
This is absolutely adorable! I would be tempted to go even without a little one just to see it! I think I will try to start such a program back in the States!
Lucie, I totally agree! I’ve just learned they are starting a dental section as well which is probably even more relevant for little ones since we all have to go to the dentist already at a young age for checkups.