Many of us have visitors this holiday season who would like to attend a Christmas service in English; and some of us locals might wish to go too but we don’t know where. The following is what one of our members was able to find on the websites of the English speaking churches in Geneva. If you would like to visit St. Pierre’s Cathedral, I would recommend the Christmas Eve Services: the Nine Lessons and Carols (in English) at 17:30 or the French-speaking service with its magnificent organ introduction at 22:30.
If we have missed a service, please post a comment. We want all communities included during this beautiful time of year.
Holy Trinity Church (Church of England), Rue du Mont Blanc 14bis
- 14.30 Crib Service for children with Christingles
- 17.30 Nine Lessons and Carols (at the Cathedral St Pierre)
- 23.00 Midnight Eucharist
- 9.00 Holy Communion
- 10.30 Family Service
Emmanuel Church (Episcopal), Rue de Monthoux 3
- 17.00 Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols
- 19.00 Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols at Genolier Church
- 17.00 Family Service
- 22.30 Midnight Mass
- 10.30 Holy Eucharist
St John XX111 (Catholic), 57 Rue du Montbrillant
- 16.30 Carols followed by Mass
- 21.30 Carols followed by Mass
- 10.00 Mass
- 11.30 Mass
Church of Scotland (Presbyterian), Auditoire de Calvin, 1 Place de la Taconerie
- 11:00 Christmas Service
Saint Pierre’s Cathedral (Protestant)
- 22:30 Noël Baroque organ music.
- 23:00 Christmas Eve service in French.
We are a group of international women living in Geneva, Switzerland. If you would like to join the AIWC, please visit our website at http://www.aiwcgeneva.org/