The festival, held lakeside in the Parc de l’Indépendance, boasts more than 300 varieties of tulips (more than 120,000 blooms in all) plus unrivaled views of Lake Geneva and the Alps. The festival opens March 28; the first varieties of tulips typically bloom in mid-April. The festival ends on May 20, when the canteen closes and bulbs are sold.
- March 29: Easter Brunch
- April 2: Day for the Children
- April 4-5: 80 Potters in the Tulips
- April 11-12: Ikebana l’art de faire vivre des fleurs
- April 17-18: Music and Tales
- April 25-26: Istanbul Tulips Days
- May 9-10: Opera and Piano
- May 20: Bulbs Plucking and Selling
Getting there: From Geneva, Morges is 30-35 minutes by train and 40 minutes by car. Public parking is available at Parking du Centre-Ville à Morges. Parc de l’Indépendance is a 5-10 minute walk from the train station / parking garage.
Admission charges: Admission to the tulip festival is free and all areas are handicapped accessible. There is a small restaurant on site.
More information about the tulip festival is available by clicking here.
We are a group of international women living in Geneva, Switzerland. If you
would like to join the AIWC, please visit our website at http://www.aiwcgeneva.org/