Are you searching for a stocking stuffer for the ski fan on your list? Or perhaps you’re new to Geneva and want to learn more about the world-class ski destinations near the area. Maybe you’d like to give something unique (and hot off the presses!) as a hostess gift during the holidays.
For these reasons and more, look no further than the AIWC’s area ski guide, Think Ski, a guide to skiing in the Alps from the Geneva area.
This handy book is packed with information for beginning and advanced skiers alike. If you’re new to the Geneva area, new to skiing, or both, Think Ski is essential reading. The book details 21 different resorts near Geneva, as well as:
- Where to buy and/or rent skis, equipment, and clothing
- Where to buy snowboard equipment
- Ski clubs, associations, and camps
- How to check snow and road conditions
- Ski resort tourist offices
- Essential skiing vocabulary
- Maps of Swiss ski resorts
- Information on spring skiing and summer skiing on glaciers
- Avalanches and air rescue organizations
- And much more!
There’s even something for non-skiers in the book. If the rest of your family hits the slopes each day but you prefer something different, Think Ski includes information on other winter activities at each resort plus gourmet dining options and ski resort history.
Think Ski is available for purchase at the American International Women’s Club, located at 11 Route de Chêne (floor 4), 1207 Geneva. The AIWC is open Monday through Thursday, 09:00-16:00 and Friday 09:00-13:00. Books cost CHF 25 each.
We are a group of international women living in Geneva, Switzerland. If you would like to join the AIWC, please visit our website at http://www.aiwcgeneva.org/